THE ROBERT MACHEMER MD and INTERNATIONAL RETINAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION
Submit a single pdf file of the four sections of the application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Name, address and email address of future 501(c)(3) Institution
2. Name, address and email address of proposed Robert Machemer MD and IRRF Fellow
3. Name, address and email address of proposed mentor for research training
4. Title of Mentored Research Plan and a Lay description (200 words max)
5. Budget description: please also describe cost sharing of personne, facilities and equipment beyond the $100,000
Part 2. Applicant Information and Proposal:
1. NIH-style biosketch of applicant
2. Proposed pathway to independent research of the scholar applicant (1/2 page)
3. Research training proposal (2 pages maximum) should address the following:
1. Research hypothesis, long term goal, Aims, impact of the proposed work
2. Significance relative to understanding the causes and treatment of vitreoretinal diseases, and to the Scholar’s educational goals.
4. Bibliography (no more than 15 references pertinent to the project)
Part 2. Mentor:
1. NIH-style biosketch of proposed mentor
2. Letter (no more than 2 pages) from proposed mentor who must be a faculty member of the 501(c)(3) organization, briefly describing:
(1) support of the applicant, resources that will assure success
(2) statement that more than 15% time will be protected for research,
(3) mentoring/training plan
After Pre-Award Notice. Letter of agreement from the 501(c)(3) organization:
1. Upon selection as an awardee, the final step will be verification by the awardee's not-for-profit institution:
that it is a qualified 501(c)(3) Institiution.
that indirect charges and taxes of greater than10% will not be applied to the funds.
that the institution supports the awardee 15% or greater effort in mentored research.
Please keep to 11 point or larger font.
Important Deadlines and Dates:
next applications due June 23, 2022
A report of Machemer Scholarship research activities, expenditure of funds, publications, and a lay summary are due to the Robert Machemer Foundation by June 30 of the following year.